SEND and Inclusion
SEND at Merstham Primary School
The person responsible for SEND at Merstham Primary school is Mrs Vanessa Cooper.
At Lime Merstham Primary School, we have high expectations of all children, staff and parents. By working and learning together, we are confident that the children will grow, learn and flourish into confident young adults equipped to face the challenges of the future.
How are Special Educational Needs or Disabilities defined?
The Special educational needs and disability code of practice (2014) defines SEN
- A child or young person has SEN if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her.
- A child of compulsory school age or a young person has a learning difficulty or disability if he or she:
- has a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others of the same age, or
- has a disability which prevents or hinders him or her from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools or mainstream post-16 institutions
At Merstham Primary School, we recognise our duties, as stated in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice. The Code of Practice provides statutory guidance on duties, policies and procedures relating to Part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014 and associated regulations. It relates to children and young people with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabled children and young people.
- We will ensure that all pupils with special educational needs have full and equal access to the curriculum and all aspects of school life
- The school will endeavour, through appropriate use of funding, staffing and professional expertise, to meet the needs of all our children
- The school will provide a curriculum which is appropriate and matched to individual needs and learning styles
As part of the National Special Educational Needs Reform, local authorities are required to publish a ‘local offer’ which is intended to provide information about provision available to children with special educational needs in the local area. At Merstham Primary School, we are proud of our inclusive practice and what we can offer to all children, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Please click on the links below to view the following documentation, relating to our special educational needs provision here at Merstham Primary School.
For information on the Surrey SEND local offer please click on the link below:
Further information for parents about SEND may be found on: www.surreyparentpartnership.org.uk
|SEND policy April 2021||29th Apr 2021||Download|
|SEND Inclusion Policy as agreed by TB 20...||29th Apr 2021||Download|
|Merstham SEND Information Report 20 21||29th Apr 2021||Download|
|SEND Information Report COVID 19 addendu...||29th Apr 2021||Download|
|Whole School Provision Map 2020 21||29th Apr 2021||Download|
|Accessibility Plan 2021 2024||24th Aug 2021||Download|